Wednesday 2 October 2013

And So It Began

 In the beginning Google shut down Google reader. I was used to getting my news, blogs and web comics via reader so I found myself a replacement. I chose Feed-on-feeds and created a test installation. Around 2 years later I am still using that original install.


At some point in the process I started saving cartoons (web comics) that I found especially poignant or otherwise good.


The four oldest saved web comics in my collection are from August 2013:
  1. Three images from The Gallery of Freaks, an edgy thought provoking strip that hasn't put anything into my feed for 502 days now. I miss them
    1.  I'm Yelling About Things Therefore I am Worth Listening to. A protestor believing that a loud voice and a tie dyed hair band should trump the votes of the electorate.
    2. The most bothersome of bothers. How Pooh bear should have ended.
    3. Never forget what you give up when you are afraid you will never get back.
  2. One strip on corporate morale building exercises from Chainsaw Suit, a comic that's still going and last published 9 hours ago.
  3. I've rounded out this posting with two October 2013 postings from R. Steven's Diesel Sweeties. Although these were a month later they round out this primeval period. They are licenced under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.
As these saved strips have survived multiple pruning bursts over the last 18 months, they all speak to me. I hope you enjoy them too.



I love these two cartoons, although I love coffee I am not addicted to it the way that people in the webcomics seem to be.
I really love the way that Pale Suzie turned into the vampire(??) in the first strip.


This is a resurrected page from the archives. Date from posting date of the featured comic. This blog entry really posted on 23 May 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment