Friday 22 November 2013

Last kiss for Ant-man


Moving along into November 2013 it's obvious that I discovered John Lustig's "Last Kiss"  around this time.  I saved several of these strips, in their "Go Comics" incarnation. Moving over to his own site much later. Also of note were Chaos Life and The System.


Of course I still didn't give up on my liking for Diesel Sweeties either and my pick of the fortnight is this gem. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.


I've picked it partially because I am (only just) old enough to remember Ant-man before Henry Pym became Giant Man but mainly because the concept of so badly misusing the power he had to control ants made me laugh out loud.



Other notable entries from this time:
  1. Chaos Life Zombie vs Toddler.This couple produce some thoughtful cartoons from time-to-time but this one is just a big smile.
  2. Last Kiss is a series by entrepreneur .John Lustig who has had old (1950s) romance comics redrawn and re-captioned with hilarious results
    1. You're sleeping with my friends?
    2. The diagnosis? You're over sexed.
    3. I gave you the wrong drug.
    4. Ah, the innocence of youth.
    5. I think of you often.
    6. Drinking scotch for the vitamins.
  3. The System had two highly memorable pages
    1. A deliberately misleading info-graphic demonstrating how infographics  are used to mislead.
    2. A serious page on why cycling is good. I'm a cyclist so that's fine by me.

This is a resurrected page from the archives. Date from posting date of the featured comic. This blog entry really posted in May 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment