As I lived through the last 40 years of the 20th century most of these were familiar to me.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported licence.
Other notable entries:
- Wow. St Beals! I hadn't realised I was reading them this far back. Here's an early (to me) strip on voice mail.
- The Bad Chemicals Smokers burn more calories the faster they smoke.
- Unearthed Comics was initially similar in concept to this blog and one of its inspirations. She looked for webcomics that resonated with her and published the results. Here's her take on Christmas webcomics. Unearthed is still going but it is now its own webcomic.
- A couple of Last Kiss comics. I'm not marrying you just for your money, and I met someone else.
- Chuckle Brothers did this sweet little take on Jack of All Trades.
- Birdbrains by Thom Bluemel lived up to its name in this little hunting vignette.
- Finally this Toonhole piece. It's challenging, blasphemous to many Christians, and probably challenging to most others; but it is also a powerful commentary on the consumer society. You've been warned, please don't blame me if you find it offensive. Commercialised crucifixion by Chris Allison.
This is a resurrected page from the archives. Date from posting date of the featured comic. This blog entry really posted in May 2015.
Edit 26/5/2015: Unearthed comics is still going, but as its own webcomic. Also I suspect that, based on this comment, that the appropriate pronoun for the author may be "She". Fixed.