Wednesday 19 March 2014

Driving in Lebanon

The start of March was a bit lean, but does include my first entry from  Sareen Akharjalian's ongoing strip Ink on the Side about middle class life in Lebanon. It's funny seeing how so many of her concerns are shared with "the West" while some are manifestly issues of her homeland.

Anyone who's ever used the Auckland Motorway system will appreciate this view of the Lebanese motorway system.


Ink on the Side by Sareen Akharjalian is licensed under Creative Commons by-nc-nd 3.0


Other notable entries:
  1. I really like Dan Piraro's Bizarro Comics. Every time he publishes a weeks worth of comics in  a single post ad there's always at least one there that registers. This instalment included the truth about tech support. I've never done this professionally but at various points in my life I've talked people through screens I couldn't see from my sick bed. It's a good one for him to debut here.
  2. SMBC tackles the rubbery dilemma of theological cosmology.
  3. Buni's not always sweetness and light. Here we see the horror side of the strip's nature.
  4. Abstruse Goose on the problem of people who won't accept evidence that goes against their pre-conceived ideas.
  5. Finally to break the sombre mood Last Kiss on Loving Forever.
That's 3 first entries in one blog. Two of them are still among my favourites and get read first when they pop up in my feed.

    This is a resurrected page from the archives. Date from posting date of the featured comic. This blog entry really posted 24 May 2015.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment