Saturday 12 July 2014

Placebo effect monkey

This is the first entry in my archives for Kyle Sanders' sceptical webcomic Carbon Dating. As a cynic and sceptic myself, I look forward to reading his cartoons Here he discusses the logical fallacy argument from antiquity especially as related to the placebo effect as related to needle bearing monkeys.



Creative Commons License Carbon Dating is licensed by Kyle Sanders under a Creative Commons 3.0 BY NC ND License.

Other notable entries including debut entries from Optipess, Whomp, and minimumble/maximumble:
  1. Optipess brings us this sweet illustration of invention.
  2. Whomp!  is often not safe for work, but here we plug in the middle of a series set in a quite safe parallel world where McDonalds doesn't exist.
  3. Diesael Sweeties asks "If it's ok to ask coffee users to go without for a day, is it OK to ask vegetarians?"
  4. Half Full and the penguin dress code. Wry smile material.
  5. Mini mumble, maxi mumble? Two series by the same author in the same style, I have absolutely no idea which cartoons go in which title and I don't really care. I likeabout the same number of both. Here's a minimumble about skipping exercise and a maximumble on waiters taking back the menu. I'm at a loss to explain why I think either of them particulaly funny, but I do.
  6. It works but only just. A wry grin to Mr Lovestein for this take on The Art of War.
  7. Finally it wouldn't work for me except for the smile on the right hand woman, but this Zillion Dollars comic on Foodies does actually make me laugh.

This is a resurrected page from the archives. Date from posting date of the featured comic. This blog entry really posted on 24 May 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment