Friday 31 January 2014

That first cup of coffee


I have to admit that I'm a great fan of coffee and not just for the caffeine. When I was a child and long before I drank coffee the grocery shops had large grinders where people selected the coffee they liked and then ground the beans. When I accompanied Mum to the grocers I loved standing by those machines and breathing the coffee aroma.

Wrong Hands gets the first place again on the last day of January 2014 for the caffeine causality loop.



 John Atkinson's Wrong Hands is published under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported licence.


Other notable entries:
  1. Next up and staying with the coffee theme is this message from the barista. These days I drink my coffee black, by preference, but many years ago I had dairy with it. I had cream, not steamed milk; I've never understood putting Cinnamon or fluffy milk in coffee. [Wumo]
  2. This thoughtful look at how to request money is the second and so-far final entry by Candorville in this blog. His subsequent strips have been funny enough but none of them have really gripped me the way these first few I saw did. [Candorville]
  3. A piece of funniness, spelled s-i-l-l-i-n-e-s-s. Still it worked. [F Minus]
  4. They had 3 entries I kept in the archive. Like the original artwork each was a well worked cliche, but obviously I thought it worked: [Last Kiss]
    1. A young boy not liking girls,
    2. A predatory "friend", and
    3.  An embarrassing luggage swap.
  5. Back with Politeness Club and an anatomy lesson. [Zillion dollar comics]
  6. Finally a couple of sad entries, First Buni on a desert island and 
  7. At last they get their first entry here with a message from your local carrion eater. [Chuckle-A-Duck]

This is a resurrected page from the archives. Date from posting date of the featured comic. This blog entry really posted on 24 May 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment